Saturday, May 8, 2010

What My Momma Gave Me!

Thanks to a good friend of my parents (Yep, Gayle thats you!!) who has a computer, they now have a way to read and keep up with my blog. My mom has gone crazy over this, since this is a way to see what we are up to, so far away. So I thought, since this is my Mom's new favorite thing, I should do a blog on her just in time for Mother's Day. I thought about things I wanted to say, and pictures I wanted to show. There was a million things to say, and a million pictures to show. So I narrowed it down to this...

Things my Mom gave to me...

She gave me life and love
.



She surrounded me with people who love me.
(Great-Grandma Wallace, Grandma Lundberg, Grandpa Lundberg)

(My God-Parents, Uncle Bill and Auntie Linda)



(Aunts and Uncles everywhere, including adopted ones)

(Four generations: me, my mom, grandma, and great-grandma)

Mom gave me a love for animals at a young age.


She taught me how to have fun, and be silly (and my cousin Christina too).



Was a second mom to others.
(Me, Shana, and Melissa going to their 1995 Junior Prom)

And trusted us with things that were valuable to her (like her 1989 Volvo, for a night on the town!).
(We won't tell you how many guys we picked up that night... just kidding mom!)

Helped us through new beginnings.

(This was the first meal, at our new place, for our one year wedding anniversary)

Taught me to never stop learning.


Taught me to appreciate M*A*S*H, and I Love Lucy!


How to be stylish. Before the mom jeans and kitty sweat shirts, there was style ...who knew!




Now I will move on to my Mom's motivating advise and thoughts. I call them Mom-isims!

1. Smile, it increases your face value.

2. Smile while your on the phone, it comes though on the other end.
3. This one she took from the movie Steal Magnolias "The difference between us and the animal kingdom, is our ability to accessorize."

4. (And this one is my fav) You'll find love when you least expect it!

5. Honesty is the best policy.
(By the way this is one of my fav pics)

6. Always have a grocery list to shop with, and a menu for the week.



A couple of my Mom's favorite quotes from me....

1. I want to keesss you on your yips


2.Mom~"Hold on to your balloon Dayna, or it will fly away." Dayna~"That's OK mommy, Jesus will catch it!"


Everything Mom

How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.
I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.



A Mother loves right from the start.
She holds her baby close to her heart.
The bond that grows will never falter.
Her love is so strong it will never alter.
A Mother gives never ending Love.
She never feels that she has given enough.
For you she will always do her best.
Constantly working, there's no time to rest.
A Mother is there when things go wrong.
A hug and a kiss to help us along.
Always there when we need her near.
Gently wipes our eyes when we shed a tear.
So on this day shower your Mother with Love.
Gifts and presents are nice but that is not enough.
Give your Mother a day to have some peace of mind.
Be gentle, be good, be helpful, be kind.
Happy Mothers Day.


One writer summed up our love for our mothers when he declared, “God could not be everywhere, and so He gave us mothers.” The influence of your mother will bless you throughout life.

~Mom, I hoped that you have enjoyed this blog dedicated to you today. This is just the tip of the ice berg of how much I love you, listen to you, respect you, and cherish you. Know that I love that your my mom and my friend.

Love,
Dayna, Brint, Misty & Timber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I love your mom, she was so a 2nd mom. She always made great food even though it had all that healthy junk. ;o) I LOVE the very 1st picture, LOL I so dig your dad's hair. And the picutes of us at Jr. Prom so much fun. I love that dress and still have it.