Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 Passions

I have noticed over the years there is always certain subjects that I focus on all year. They always stem from my passions.

The passion that is always in first place is "Everything Austen". If you were to put a phrase to who I am that would be it ..."Everything Austen". It defines who I am, who I want to be, and where I want to be. The clothes, the people, the society, the country, the homes, the language, the romance, the lifestyle, and on, and on, and on. Enjoy this great montage of Jane Austen couples from the recent adaptations of Mansfield Park 2007, Persuasion 2007, Northanger Abbey 2007 and Sense and Sensibility 2008 included in "The Complete Jane Austen" on Masterpiece Classic in 2008.




My newest passion, thanks to Laurin and Robyn, is ZUMBA. I have a 13year background in dance. I did tap, jazz, ballet, and point. I loved, and still love, dancing. This was a passion that I stored away deep inside me years ago. Until, I was introduced to this workout class that our local gym called The Rush. The first time I went I didn't know what to think of it, but when I went back again and again it had a different meaning. It brought memories back to my dance classes. The three things you focused on ...what your instructor is saying and the direction she is giving you, focus on your body (from your posture, the expression on your face, the tip of your fingers to the tips of your toes, and everything else in between), and focus on the music and it's rhythm. Love the moves, love the fun, love that it makes me sweat (and loose a pound or two), and love that it makes me move like I did back in the day. Sheila, the instructor, is just a ton of fun and gets you to just let go. The Zumba video that I am posting is my most favorite. Robyn, Laurin, and I go crazy over it too. It's one of those songs and routines that you just can't sit still when you listen/watch. Sheila put's the routine in the middle of the class to get us all energized again. Just watch and listen, and TRY not to move!!



There is a new magazine that has inspired me to no ends. It is called "Where Women Create". I love it because they highlight women who artistically create, where they create, what inspires them, advise, and favorite quotes. It only comes out every three months, but it's like Christmas every time I open a new addition. You should take a peek!






A passion that comes in a quick second is my love of flight, and aircraft. My goal this year, in my spare time - he, he, is to start a women's club for the love of flight. It will not matter how young or old, a new admirer or a seasoned pilot. All women are welcome to come. I do have a name picked out, plans that are sketched out, and a couple of people who are already interested. However, these things will remain under wraps till certain ends are "tightened". Here is the person who has inspired me for many years...




If you choose to know more about her, and I suggest you should ...just to be inspired, there is a great blog posting that sums her up in a nice little package. Here is the link...

www.bluetramontana.blogspot.com/2009/12/amelia-earhart-first-lady-of-air.html

I'm sure that is enough to undertake for now. Do you have the same interest and passions? What are your passions?

No comments: