Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweets for the sweet!

One of my friends at work is having a baby. We had a baby shower for her last Monday. It was so much fun, and super simple. We had dinner at the Corner Kitchen, had a wonderful meal, lot's of chit-chatting, and an all around fun girls night out. I thought that was such a fun idea rather than do a typical baby shower where we have all played the same games, and had the same finger foods.

Of course one thing we did do was shower her with cute baby gifts. I decided to something different this time. I got washcloths, onesies, and hats all in boy colors and designs, since she is having a boy. Instead of just wrapping it up and calling a day, I wanted to do something creative, so I made them into lollipops, cupcakes, and campfire sticks. I know I can see the question marks in your head. Just see the pics and how to below!!


Here are the supplies I used ...washcloths, onesises, hats, popsicle sticks, tule, twine, scotch tape, and scrapbook paper.

I folded, taped the two washcloths end to end, rolled it up nice and tight and taped that too.

Then I taped the swirls to the ends of popsicle sticks. I have seen it done with baby spoons, which is so cute. I forgot to pick some up, as I was so focus on getting the supplies at Michaels. Oh, well, next time I will use spoons. Can you see the lollipops now?


Now it's time to wrap it in tule. I tied it with a piece of twine. If it was for a girl I would have use some cute pink ribbon. Use what ever will with your theme and colors.


Next, I made the campfire sticks. I took cute boy onesies, rolled them up, and taped them so they didn't come undone. Then I stacked them up like a bunch of campfire sticks, and wraped it up with strip of tule, and tied it with twine.



On to the cupcake. I took three new born hats, taped them tip to tip, and rolled them up. To make it look more like a cupcake, I pulled up the insides, like a swirl of icing. Then I tied tule to the bottom, and cut the top with a jagged edge like a cupcake liner. I used a ribbon that said "blessings", and tied that with a piece of twine. Check it out!




Lastly, I made some cute labels for each item out of scrapbook paper, and a eyelets so they could be tied on.



Here is the is my project completed. I placed these items in a basket (I forgot to take a pic ..i know, i know). I stood the lollipops up in the back, placed the campfire sticks in the middle, and the cupcake in the front.



Well, what do you think? Let me know!!

3 comments:

Josh and Angela Juett said...

Dana you are so awesome. I love that idea.

Remodelaholic said...

This is wonderful! So cute, very creative... you go girl!

Unknown said...

I love the work you put into the presents. I will try that one day when I am giving baby gifts