Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blue Danube

So I decided to open 1-2 boxes a day when I am not working so I won't be over loaded with what needs to be done. That's four days of box peeking fun! I started on Monday. I laid down a blanket on the floor as to have a nice back drop for my pics. Also, I decided it would be a good idea to get an inventory of what I had, for those (knock on wood) "just in case" moment. The first box I opened was the Blue Danube China.

I remember these dishes in my Uncle's house. Every time we went to his house in San Francisco, wether it was a holiday or not, we would arrive in the morning. In his sun room he would have the table set with these dishes, and on those dishes would be the pastries that him and Uncle Walter made in their Swiss Bakery on California Street. There would be danishes of every kind, croissants, or muffins. They would have coffee and I would have milk in my favorite glass, which you will see in a later blog.

Here are the pics you have been waiting to see. They are quite pretty.















Thankfully only one piece broke. Not bad out of two boxes. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so drooling right now. I love!! those dishes, so beautiful and so you.
Shana